Terms & Conditions
Internet security: If you suspect there has been any breach of internet security as a result of placing your order, please contact us with the details immediately.
You can request a repeat prescription by completing and submitting an online form. First you will need to read and accept our terms and conditions:
- Our prescribing interval is 28 days with few exceptions. Please contact us by an alternative method if anything other than 28 days is required e.g. if you are going on an extended holiday.
- The service is provided only to request repeat prescriptions. It is not to be used to request advice or assistance on any other matter.
- You can only order items listed on the repeat request form attached to your last prescription. If you require any medication not on your repeat slip this will need to be authorised by your doctor and you will need to phone the repeat prescription line 01278 651311.
- If the date for your next review with a doctor or nurse has passed you will be asked to make an appointment for a medication review.
- Your prescription will be ready for collection from the surgery two working days after your request has been submitted.
- The details you submit will be sent to us by unencrypted email via the Internet. This means that complete confidentiality is not possible because we cannot guarantee the security of the Internet. If you are not comfortable with this arrangement you may prefer to order your prescription by an alternative method.
- An email confirming your repeat request will be sent to the address you provide on the form on the following page. Please contact us if this is not received.
- The practice cannot be held responsible for any delay in receiving your request, nor any technical failure of the system. Please make sure you order repeat prescriptions in plenty of time.
- If you wish to have your medicines delivered to a branch surgery or Post Office, then please type this information in the additional information box at the bottom of the form.
ON FEBRUARY 1 2015 OUR WEBSITE IS CHANGING AND ON-LINE MEDICATION ORDERING WILL CHANGE TOO. You will need to register for an on-line Patient Access account. Please come into the surgery with photo i.d. and we will give you the information you need to register on the access website. You will have to come in personally which may be a little inconvenient but the new system will also give you the ability to view sections of your medical record so we need to be very careful about confidentiality.
I confirm that I have read and accepted the terms and conditions above.
You can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency. NHS 111 is a fast and easy way to get the right help.